Have you ever considered using a Buyers Agent in Brisbane? Do you know how a Buyers Agent can help? This article with explain some of the benefits of using a buyers agent in Brisbane to assist you with your next home or investment property purchase.
The process of buying and selling property in Australia is somewhat different to many other countries around the world.
In America, for example, most people buying property are represented by a Buyers Agent and most people selling property are represented by a Sales Agent.
In Australia, the role of a Buyer’s Agent is just emerging.
With the projections for the Brisbane property market looking brighter, now may be a great time to use the services of a Buyers Agent in Brisbane to find the perfect property.
So, you may be wondering, what is a Buyer’s Agent? Well … let’s explore this further.
What is a Buyers Agent?
A Buyers Agent (also sometimes referred to as a Buyers Advocate) is a fully licensed real estate professional that specializes in searching for, evaluating and negotiating the purchase of a property on behalf of the buyer. A Buyer’s Agent works “exclusively” for the buyer and acts in their best interests. A Buyer’s Agent does not SELL real estate.
What does a Buyers Agent in Brisbane actually do?
Working with a Buyers Agent in Brisbane will ultimately make the whole process of buying a home or investment property stress free.
Buyer’s Agents help property buyers to:
- Save time – all property searching, inspecting and property due-diligence can be done for you
- Eliminate frustration – no time on your weekends wasted looking at properties that do not match your requirements
- Stress Less – having professional representation during the property buying process guarantees you a less stressful process
- Improve Options – buyers get access to all properties that are available for sale both, on and off-market when working with a buyers agent due to their extensive agent network and strong agent relationships
- Get a better deal – having a strong sense of understanding property values is important when it comes time to negotiate and to determine the property price
- Improve confidence – know you will not overpay because you are being represented
A quality Buyers Agent in Brisbane will also uncover everything about a property that you may not even think to check.
There are so many layers that can be uncovered that may impact on what you can and cannot do with a property, and also whether a property will be covered by certain insurances or not.
Of course, getting a building and pest inspection these days is mostly standard practice, once a contract for the sale of a property is entered into.
But what about the things you cannot see? The things that are underground, the development that is approved for an area or even the land zoning or overlays that effect a particular property?
We always recommend doing your due diligence on every property BEFORE you inspect. You can check out our resources 9 Property Due Diligence Checks Before you Buy which will help you to avoid making any big mistakes!
How can a Buyers Agent in Brisbane add value?
Using a Buyers Agent in Brisbane may be worthwhile if:
- You don’t know the local Brisbane market very well
- You are time poor and don’t have time to search for and inspect lots of properties
- You keep missing out on properties that you like because other buyers act faster than you
- You are uncertain about what to pay
- You are frustrated as a result of dealing with Sales Agents
- You feel overwhelmed with the entire process or certain parts of the process
- You don’t know where to buy
- You are having trouble finding properties to buy
- You have found a property but you are not confident to bid at auction
- You would simply prefer to be professionally represented.
This short video explains some of the advantages of working with a Buyers Agent in Brisbane.
Also, if you do not already know how to check flood maps, for example, in areas that are affected by river flooding, creek flooding, or overland flow a buyers agent will be able to perform all of this due diligence for you.
All of these types of flood issues will impact on a property, and may also have an effect on the premiums payable on an insurance policy for a property. It may also limit opportunities for manufacturing additional equity in a property through renovation or development.
This is information that, as a property buyer, you would want to be aware of given the size of the investment that is made when you purchase a property. You just don’t want to make a mistake.
There are many more areas that form part of a comprehensive property due diligence search, especially in some areas around our City. By engaging a Buyers Agent in Brisbane, who is able to outline all areas that you need to be aware of, and who can undertake all of the due diligence searches on your behalf, you are ensuring that you are entering into a contract for a property purchase fully understanding everything about a property – both what you can and cannot see during an inspection.
The video below explains some of the pitfalls when relying on on-line property listings. Property buyers can waste a lot of time inspecting properties that do not look like they did in the listing images.
This article has explained some of the benefits of working with a Buyers Agent in Brisbane. It is not for everyone, but for those who are looking to be professionally represented there are huge advantages for property buyers.
Please feel free to reach out if you need assistance with your property search. At Streamline Property Buyers we will ensure you don’t make any costly mistakes.